Teeth whitening is an extremely popular dental procedure, and it’s easy to see why. A white smile helps project confidence and attractiveness. Unfortunately, it can be extremely difficult to whiten your teeth effectively and safely with over-the-counter whitening products. That’s why, at JB Dental Associates & TMD & Sleep Center, Dr. Bahng and Dr. Chang offer professional, in-office ZOOM! teeth whitening to brighten your smile the right way.
What Is ZOOM! Teeth Whitening?
ZOOM! teeth whitening is an in-office whitening treatment that utilizes LED technology and a powerful whitening gel. Your ZOOM! whitening procedure can be completed in one appointment and will be overseen by one of the talented dentists at our Sterling office. ZOOM! offers numerous benefits that makes it the better option over store bought kits.
Benefits of ZOOM! Teeth Whitening
- Safety – Every step of ZOOM! whitening is overseen by our dental professionals and is only performed after a consultation to ensure the procedure will be both safe and effective.
- Prevents Gum Irritation – The supervision of professionals during the ZOOM! whitening procedure ensures the gel stays on your teeth to prevent gum irritation.
- Prevents Enamel Damage – Professional supervision ensures that the whitening gel isn’t overapplied, which helps prevent enamel damage.
- Reduces Post-Whitening Sensitivity – ZOOM! whitening gel is also specially designed to strengthen your enamel, reducing post-whitening sensitivity as well as helping to prevent damage to your teeth.
- Effectiveness – ZOOM! is capable of treating extrinsic stains that lay on the surface of your enamel as well as intrinsic stains that can’t be erased without professional help. It also whitens up to eight shades, erasing years worth of staining in one visit.
- Fast Working – ZOOM! in-office teeth whitening can be completed in one visit to our Sterling office and lasts over the course of less than one hour.
- Longer Lasting Results – The results of professional ZOOM! teeth whitening can last for years with proper oral hygiene and regular dental exams.
The ZOOM! Teeth Whitening Process
Before you can undergo professional whitening with ZOOM!, you’ll attend an initial consultation with one of our dentists. During your initial consultation, your dentist will thoroughly examine your mouth and review your medical history to evaluate your oral health. They’ll also discuss your smile goals with you and offer sedation dentistry if you need help relaxing during your procedure.
To prepare your teeth for the whitening treatment, we’ll thoroughly clean them. This will help ensure the gel can properly penetrate the enamel. Once your teeth are clean, we’ll protect your lips, mouth, and gums with measures such as plastic barriers and vitamin E oil. The barriers will help expose all of your teeth for easier whitening.
ZOOM! Teeth Whitening
Once your teeth are exposed and your mouth is properly protected, we’ll apply the whitening gel to your teeth. Then, we’ll expose the gel to LED rays. These rays will work with the whitening gel, helping it penetrate your enamel so stains can be brought to the surface and eliminated.
The gel will sit under the LED light for fifteen minutes before it is wiped off of your teeth and reapplied. We’ll repeat this process up to two more times until your smile reaches your desired shade.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is ZOOM! teeth whitening safe?
One of the major advantages of in-office ZOOM! teeth whitening is that every step of the process is overseen by trained dental professionals who understand your unique oral health needs and know exactly how to use the ZOOM! system. We’ll make sure that your whitening procedure is both safe and effective by understanding your level of oral health, protecting your gums and mouth from the gel, and ensuring the gel isn’t overapplied.
Can I brush my teeth after ZOOM! teeth whitening?
You can brush your teeth after your whitening treatment. Be sure to be gentle with your teeth when brushing. We also strongly recommend you use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a non-abrasive toothpaste.
How often should I do ZOOM! teeth whitening?
It’s normally not recommended that you undergo ZOOM! teeth whitening more than once a year. Depending on your case, however, you may be able to visit our Sterling office every six months for a touch-up.
Does dental insurance cover ZOOM! teeth whitening?
Most insurance companies consider ZOOM! teeth whitening a cosmetic procedure, so they may not cover your session. We suggest contacting your dental insurance provider ahead of time to learn what your plan covers.
To help make your smile transformation more affordable, we offer financing options. JB Dental Associates and TMD & Sleep Center accept most major forms of insurance and also offer third-party financing through CareCredit.
Does ZOOM! teeth whitening cause sensitivity?
While ZOOM! is designed to reduce post-whitening sensitivity, some mild sensitivity after the procedure is normal. It’s usually easy to manage post-whitening sensitivity by following a few easy steps:
- Use tooth mousse
- Avoid hot and cold foods for a few days after your session
- Use a non-abrasive toothpaste designed for sensitive teeth
- Coat your teeth in vitamin E oil
- Brush your teeth gently with a soft-bristled toothbrush
For Safe, Fast, & Effective Whitening, Choose ZOOM!
JB Dental Associates and TMD & Sleep Center is thrilled to have the opportunity to transform your smile for the better. If you’re ready to smile your brightest and enjoy a smile that’s whiter than it’s been in years, contact our Sterling office by dialing (703) 444-4188. You can also fill out the online contact form in the upper right hand side of the page and a team member will get back to you shortly.