Maintaining healthy teeth is vital for your child’s overall health and growth. Their teeth assist in eating, speaking, and ensuring the proper alignment of their permanent teeth. To ensure your child’s dental health, consider the following tips:
- Encourage your child to brush their teeth at least twice a day. Until they’re around 7 years old, you’ll need to assist them in brushing, using a toothbrush with a small head and soft bristles.
- Make flossing a daily habit to remove plaque and debris from between their teeth and below the gumline, ensuring healthy teeth and gums.
- Regular dental visits are crucial. The first dental visit should occur within six months of the first tooth eruption, followed by visits every six months.
- Inquire about preventive dental care like fluoride treatments and dental sealants during dental visits.
- Promote a balanced, nutritious diet for your child, minimizing frequent snacking and the intake of sugary or acidic foods that can harm their teeth.
- For sports activities, ensure your child wears a mouthguard to protect their teeth, gums, and mouth structures from potential injury.
Babies and early children frequently suck their thumbs, fingers, or pacifiers. The majority quit by the age of four. If it continues, our dentist can help with monitoring and, if needed, helping you break the habit.
Please get in touch with our office right now if you have any questions about your child’s dental care or would like to make an appointment with our dentist.
In addition to providing smile makeovers to residents of Sterling and the surrounding areas, we also provide the following pediatric dentistry services in Sterling: early orthodontic treatment, pediatric dental appliances, pediatric fluoride treatment, and pediatric sports guards.